End of the State of Emergency
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2022 02:16 PM
CLARENCE-ROCKLAND – June 2, 2022 - The City of Clarence-Rockland has lifted the State of Emergency that it has been operating under since Saturday, May 21, as a result of Derecho storm. As soon as the emergency was declared, we activated our emergency plan and opened the Emergency Operations Centre. The City's employees who make up the Emergency Operations Centre, as well as its partners such as the OPP, the United Counties of Prescott-Russell, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit and the Red Cross,...
City to begin transporting trees, branches, and stumps tomorrow
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2022 02:58 PM
June 1st 2022
City of Clarence-Rockland crews will begin transporting trees, branches, and stumps tomorrow. We have delayed the start of the collection for a few days to allow residents additional time to clean up their properties. To ensure a smooth collection, it is important to respect the following instructions:
- This will be a rough cleanup with mechanical clamp equipment and some residue will not be picked up. The resident will be responsible for completing the collection of the smaller...
City to transport trees, branches and stumps
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2022 04:02 PM
CLARENCE-ROCKLAND - May 26, 2022 - The City of Clarence-Rockland was one of the areas hardest hit by the May 21, 2022 storm. Never in our history have we had to clean up such damage throughout our municipality.
We have listened to your comments and are aware of the concerns regarding the ability of many residents to remove trees, branches, and stumps from their property.
The landfill site remains open, and we thank all those who can come to dispose of their debris, as well as that of their...
May 25 Emergency Update
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 04:28 PM
Reports indicate that the City of Clarence-Rockland was one of the hardest hit areas by the storm of May 22, 2022. Each and everyone of our residents have been affected in some way. We continue to ask our residents to share this information with friends, family and neighbours who may still have limited access to communications.
- The landfill site on Lalonde Road in Bourget is open free of charge from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm until further notice, for all types of waste including trees,...
Emergency Update - May 24 2022
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:52 AM
- If you have any questions about the City's services, please call the Client Service Centre, Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm. The number is 613-446-6022 and dial 0 immediately.
- Residents can call 211 for information on government and local community-based health and social services.
- Please reserve the use of 911 to situations where there is risk to public safety and life-threatening emergencies.
- Please check on your neighbours and share this information with them.