In the City of Clarence-Rockland, you need a permit before starting work on City right-of-way (i.e., water connection). Learn how to apply for a Road Cut Permit.

Apply for a Road Cut Permit

In order to apply for a Road Cut Permit, please contact the Public Works team at 613-446-6022 or by email at


It costs $200 to apply for a road cut permit.

A minimum deposit of $2,000 is required.

Approval Process

Road Cut Permit applications need to be approved by Public Works.

Applicable By-Law

By-Law 2002-29