Half-load restrictions on all roads that are under the jurisdiction of the City of Clarence-Rockland take place during the spring thaw, usually from March to May of each year.

The City of Clarence-Rockland, along with the Ontario Provincial Police and the Ministry of Transportation, monitor truck and equipment haulage activity during this period.

Contractors need to apply for a half load permit during the thawing season in order to transport materials, machinery, etc.

Apply for a Half-load Permit

Please complete and submit the Half-load Permit Application.


The application for a half-load permit is free of charge.

Approval Process

Half-load permit applications need to be approved by the Engineering and Operations Manager.

Applicable By-Law

By-Law 1999-05