Clarence-Rockland – May 21, 2021, 2021 – Further to the province’s announcement to reopen outdoor recreational amenities, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit has provided guidance to the City of Clarence-Rockland.
As such, the following outdoor park amenities will be open on Saturday, May 22, 2021:
• Boat launches
• Tennis courts
• Baseball, football and soccer fields
• Outdoor fitness equipment
• Splash pads
All other public health and safety measures under the province-wide emergency brake will remain in effect.
For everyone’s safety
- A maximum of 5 people can take part in an organized public event or social gathering outdoors.
- Team sports must not be practiced or played.
- The maximum of people allowed that is listed at each site must be respected.
- Physical distancing must be maintained (exception for members of the same household, one other person from outside the household who lives alone, or a caregiver for any member of the household).
- Other sports or games that are likely to result in individuals coming within two metres of each other shall not be practised or played within the amenity.
- Stay home if you're sick, if you're waiting for test results, or if you've recently travelled outside of Canada;
- Masks aren't mandatory while practising the activities, but they are recommended;
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after visiting a municipal park
- Benches/other amenities will not be sanitized, therefore, use at your own risk; and
- Please do not share equipment.
For information Julie Chartrand Communications Officer firstname.lastname@example.org