The City of Clarence-Rockland invitesits residents to prepare for the 2018 Fall Clean-up. A special collection of heavy items (household appliances) and rubbish will be made:
October 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th, 2018
The heavy items pick-up will take place on residents’ usual waste collection day.
DETAILS OF THE COLLECTION
Please place your regular garbage (3 items) and recyclables on the same side of your home’s entrance and your heavy items on the opposite side of your driveway.
ITEMS THAT WILL NOT BE PICKED UP:
- Animal carcasses
- Construction materials, such as: wood, wood with nails, dry wall, earth, stones, rocks, bricks, asphalt paving, patio stones
- Hazardous materials, manufacturing & liquid waste
- Propane tanks and fluorescent tubes
- Vehicle bodies, vehicle parts, truck cabs, boats
- Organic yard waste (bush, trees, grass, leaves, stumps, etc.)
- Blue box and black box recyclable materials
- Electronics (TV, radio, DVD etc…)
- Bale wrapping plastics
- Refrigerators or any appliance containing refrigerant gases
YOUR ITEMS SHALL BE PLACED ON THE GROUND.
A MAXIMUM VOLUME OF 4' X 8' X 4' WILL BE COLLECTED. ANY QUANTITY EXCEEDING THESE DIMENSIONS WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
METAL MUST BE PLACED APART BECAUSE IT WILL BE COLLECTED SEPARATELY.
You may also bring your unwanted articles to the municipal landfill site at 2335 Lalonde, Bourget at no charge except for appliances containing refrigerants (applicable charges will apply):
October 19th & 20th, 2018 from 8:30am to 5:00pm
Only cars, pick-up trucks and utility trailers will be accepted free of charge.
APPLICABLE CHARGES TO TANDEM TRUCKS, DUMPING TRAILERS AND FARM WAGONS
NOTE: Charges will apply to businesses and institutions.
In order to promote the reuse of goods, the City invites you to place your reusable goods on curbside as soon as Saturday, September 29th 2018.
Usable items to be discarded shall have be clearly identified with a note indicating «free».